23 Mar 10 Ring Sling Hacks You Must Know
Skin to skin contacts proves to have dramatically positive effects on preemies and full-term babies. Babywearing is a great way for parents to maintain contact with baby in a practical setting. Ring slings are a great babywearing option because a well-designed ring sling can be used with a baby from when they are a newborn and until they become a toddler (with weight being the determinant, of course). With a ring sling you can carry baby on your front, on your hip and on the back. Here are a few ring sling hacks to help you with all positions.
Let’s start with how to make a ring sling ready:
Here are some ring sling hacks:
- Regardless of what position you use, make sure baby is at a M position, frog-leg-position, the sling runs from knee to knee and there is plenty of fabric under the baby’s bottom at all times.
- With all babywearing positions, make sure that the baby is properly in and sitting deep in the ring sling. Sometimes older babies can straighten their legs while in the ring sling.
- When you’re babywearing make sure you tighten the sling to keep baby close and secure, but allowing baby to breathe freely.
- If you use a back carry position first put the baby in the hip carry position. Leave the sling a little looser than usual to make it easier to shift the baby to the back.
- If you use a back carry position with your ring sling then bring baby and the sling under your arm and over the side to you back.
- If you use a back carry position make sure there is plenty of fabric still under the baby’s bottom and baby is firmly in the sling.
- Regardless of what position you use, use the sling to tighten and secure baby if necessary by pulling from the tail to the back.
- When you take baby out of the ring sling, make sure you loosen the sling a little from the rings.
- When you take baby out of the ring sling, lift the sling over baby and take baby out.
- You can also take baby out the sling by lifting baby up and towards your shoulder and bring the fabric down and lift baby out from your ring sling after babywearing.
These are a few ring sling hacks you should keep in mind to have an enjoyable babywearing experience!